|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Real Name||Park Ji-min|
|Other Names|| Jiminnie|
|Birthdate||October 13, 1995|
|Birth Place||Busan, South Korea|
|Height||173 cm (1.73 m)|
|Job||Singer, dancer, songwriter|
|Genre||Dance, Ballad, Hip-Hop|
|Agency||Big Hit Entertainment|
|Website|| Official Website|
BTS Twitter (Shared by members)
|“||It’s like I’m at another time and space, feels like when I first loved dancing, the stage is the world that heals me.||”|
–Jimin, 2017.07.02, Japan
Park Ji-min (박지민) referred to as Jimin (지민) is a South Korean singer, dancer and songwriter. He is the lead vocalist and lead dancer of BTS.
1995-2012: Early Life
Park Ji-min was born on October 13, 1995, in Busan, South Korea. He is the oldest boy in his family. He has one younger brother whose name is Park Ji-hyun.
When he was child he attenden the Busan's Hoedong Elementary School, later he was a top student in Department of Dance at Busan High School of Arts.
Jimin became interested in a singing career after watching one of Rain’s performances. After his dance teacher recommended to audition, he auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment.
On June 12, 2013, Jimin made his debut as a member of BTS (also known as Bangtan Boys) with the release of the single "No More Dream". In the group, Jimin holds the position of a main dancer and lead vocalist. Under BTS, he has released two solo tracks, "Lie" and "Serendipity". The song "Lie" was released in 2016 in the album Wings. It was described as stunning and dramatic, conveying dark undertones and emotions that helped reflect the overall concept of the album. In contrast, "Serendipity" from the album Love Yourself 'Answer' released in 2018 was soft and sensual, unraveling the joy, conviction, and curiosity of love.
Both of Jimin's solos "Serendipity" and "Lie" surpassed fifty million streams on Spotify, a first record in five years by a Kpop solo song after Psy's "Gentleman". The songs were also the only solo songs by a BTS member in Official Chart‘s 20 most streamed BTS songs in the UK. Jimin has been praised for his performances & was a trending search in Paris after the European stops of BTS' 2018 world tour, titled BTS World Tour: Love Yourself.
In October 2018, he was awarded the fifth-class Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit by the President of South Korea along with other members of the group.
In 2014, Jimin collaborated with fellow member Jungkook for "Christmas Day", a Korean rendition of Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe", the Korean lyrics being written by Jimin. Later on, Jimin collaborated with Jungkook again by releasing a cover of "We Don't Talk Anymore", originally by Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez, released on June, 2, 2017.
In 2016 Jimin began participating in a variety of shows such as Hello Counselor, Please Take Care of My Refrigerator, and God's Quiz. In the same year, he began hosting as a special MC at shows such as Show! Music Core and M Countdown. During December he also participated in a duet at the KBS Song Festival with Taemin from Shinee.
From January to May 2018, Jimin won the monthly Peeper x Billboard Award for "Top K-Pop Artist – Individual". Peeper x Billboard is a collaboration between the Peeper social media app and Billboard Korea, where it collects fan votes for their favorite K-pop artists and announces monthly winners. The prize was a donation to the charity UNICEF in his name.
See also: BTS Discography
|2018||Burn The Stage: The Movie||Himself||Screening in select Theatres|
|2014||After School Club||Arirang TV||Guest with RM (Ep.56)|
|Guest with RM and Jungkook (Ep.68,70)|
|2015||My Pet Clinic||-||Guest with J-Hope and V (Ep.6)|
|2016||Star King||SBS||Guest with RM and J-Hope (Ep.447)|
|God’s Workplace||Guest with J-Hope (Pilot Episode)|
|2017||King of Mask Singer||MBC||Guest (Ep.93)|
|Hello Conselor||KBS2||Guest with Jin (Ep.316)|
|Please Take Care of My Refrigerator||JTBC||Guest with Jin (Ep.152-153)|
|2018||PON!||Nippon TV||Guest with J-Hope (Episode February 7)|
|Tuesday Surprise||Guest with J-Hope (Episode February 13)|
|ZIP!||Guest with J-Hope (Episode February 21)|
|2016||Show! Music Core||MBC||Special host with Jungkook (Episode July 30)|
|M Countdown||Mnet||Special host with Jin (Ep.497)|
|2017||Special host with RM and J-Hope (Ep.543)|
|2012||"Party(XXO)"||Extra||GLAM's music video|
|2017||"Serendipity"||Himself||Comeback Trailer for "Love Yourself 'Her'" album|
◯ = Participates as writing/composer/producer, ✖ = Not participated as writing/composer/producer
|2 Cool 4 Skool||Outro: Circle Room Cypher||◯||✖||✖|||
|The Most Beautiful Moment|
in Life, Part 1
|Boyz with Fun||◯||◯||✖|||
|Wings||Blood Sweat & Tears||✖||◯||✖|||
- His Zodiac sign is Libra.
- Jimin is the shortest as well as the third youngest in the group.
- He is 23 years old in the US age and 24 years old in the Korean age.
- He is part of the dance line in BTS
- He is close friends with SHINee's Taemin, EXO's Kai, Wanna One's Ha Sung Woon and HOTSHOT's Timoteo.
- When he was three years old, Lee Young-ja went to Busan for an event. She held him at the event and said that he was cute.
- It was revealed that him, Wanna One's Kang Daniel and Park Woojin were in a dance competition called Busan City Kids Vol. 2. Jimin’s team beat Woojin’s team in the semifinal, while in the final Jimin and Daniel’s teams confronted. 
- What he loves most about himself are his eyes.
- During the 3rd Muster, he was featured in Suga's song, "Tony Montana".
- Jimin was featured in "Intro: Serendipity", being the first intro track that featured a vocal line member.
- According to the other members, he is the one who takes more time to get ready to performances.
- He and J-Hope are the only ones who are still roommates.
- If he had to choose, his English stage name would be 'Christian Chim Chim'.
- He is known for his endearing clumsiness as well as aegyo.
- He is dubbed a 'Cute Mochi' by fans as well as other members of the group.
- He is extremely hard working and is easily upset if he makes mistakes onstage.
- Jimin is very expressive in his style of dance; the other members praise him for it.
- He was part of the list 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2017 in the number #64.
- He was on student council throughout his school life.
- His favorite school subjects were math and physics.
- He can speak Korean, Japanese, and basic English.
- He contributed to writing his solo "Lie".
- Jimin graduated Seoul High School of Arts as the top student from all the departments based on his outstanding dance skills as well as his exceptional academic achievements.
- Jimin studied contemporary dance in school.
- He says that in 10 years he wants to be a con artist living his best life.
- Jimin's BT21 character is a puppy named Chimmy. He wears a yellow hoodie and his tongue is always sticking out.
- He listens to music on cold and sunny days.
- Jimin learned 'popping' in 8th grade .
- His favourite colors are light brown, purple and black.
- His favourite number is number 13.
- He is known as the most energetic person in the group.
- Jimin's role models are Tori Kelly and Chris Brown.
- His favorite avenger is Hulk.
- All members agreed that Jimin has changed and improved a lot since debut.
- In BTS mini drama 'Flower Boys', Jimin was the Physical Education teacher.
- He unknowingly once spent over 7 hours straight playing on his phone. (Burn The Stage EP.3)
- The members have said Jimin is the scariest when he's angry or irritated.
- Jimin had three choices of stage names; which were 'Baby J', 'Baby G', and 'Young Kid'. However, he decided that his real name suited him best and used it.
- He likes sour things. (i.e lemons, lemon juice, etc..)
- When asked what his favourite hair colour , Jimin says he likes every hair colour he's tried so far and they are all unique in their own way. (Buzzfeed Interview 2018)
- Jimin ideal type are girls that are nice, cute, charming, and must be smaller than him.
- Jimin, along with Jin, Jungkook, and V were voted as one of the Asian Heartthrobs of 2018, earning him a spot at #33.
- He was named one of the "Precious Yet Powerful" Idols that prove duality man undoubtedly exists. Article
- His Spotify playlist is called Jimin’s JOAH? JOAH!.
- Jimin was valedictorian in his pre-debut years (hightest ranked student aka no.1 overall) and he was class president for 9 years.
- Once he wrote some lyrics and gave them to Suga. Suga said: “You called these lyrics?!” (the lyrics sounded like a children song). Suga asked him to redo the lyrics, but in the end he still couldn’t use Jimin’s lyrics.
- If he’d get a day off, Jimin jokingly said he wants to go on a date with Jungkook while holding hands together. And when Jungkook talked about his wishes, Jimin shouted: “Live happily together with me!” -MCD Backstage 140425-
- Jimin appeared in GLAM’s MV Party (XXO).
- Hobbies: Getting beaten up (Profile written by Jimin), reading books/novels and staying on his phone for hours, relaxing and hanging out with friends.
- Motto : Let’s keep trying till we can’t do it any more. (Profile written by Jimin)
- Things he likes (3 things): Jeonggukkie, performing, receiving attention. (Profile written by Jimin)
- Things he dislikes (3 things): V, Jin, Suga. (Profile written by Jimin)
- His “Fake Love” fancam already reach 29.3 mln on Youtube, which is the most viewed fancam in Kpop.
| To view the Jimin gallery, click here.